Margaret River Gourmet Escape – Busselton & Dunsborough – 3 Days
3 Days: Seekers of premium wines and fine food hit the scenic Margaret River region every November to indulge their greatest passions at Gourmet Escape. Here, in the heart of one of Australia’s largest wine regions, you’ll get to taste some of the nation’s very best food and wine, inspired by some of the world’s top-rated chefs. But that’s just for starters.
South West Wine Region / Busselton Jetty / Karri forests / Margaret River caves / Margaret River Gourmet Escape presented by Audi events
Download the Full Itinerary PDF here
- Morning: Catch an early morning flight from the east coast to Perth. The average flight time is four hours and an early morning flight is your best option to take advantage of daylight savings. This means you can depart at 8.30am, arrive in Perth at 9.30am.
- From the airport, it’s a three-hour drive to the Margaret River region, where you can choose to base yourself in Busselton, Dunsborough, Yallingup or Margaret River.
- Afternoon: For your first taste of the South West, enjoy lunch in Busselton with stunning Indian Ocean panoramas. Take a stroll or a train ride on Busselton Jetty, the longest timber jetty in the southern hemisphere, and view Australia’s best artificial reef at the Underwater Observatory.
- Evening: Check in to your accommodation and head down to the Audi Gourmet Beach BBQ on the white sands of Castle Bay Beach. Enjoy an evening beside the clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean indulging in culinary creations inspired by a world-class guest chef.
- Morning: Return to the coast for brekkie. Head to beautiful Bunker Bay or Prevelly, where you can watch the surfers test their skills on some of the best breaks in the world.
- Afternoon: Your main course is an extraordinary afternoon in the Gourmet Village, filled with the best produce from Western Australia and the stars of the culinary world. With Leeuwin Estate Winery providing the most breathtaking backdrop, you can indulge your mind and senses in cooking demonstrations, wine tastings, masterclasses and chef Q&As. A bus service is available, so you can relax and enjoy the premium wines and hand-crafted beers.
- Evening: Take your pick from a huge array of Gourmet Escape satellite and fringe evening events, including special themed winery dinners, live music and meet-the-winemaker nights.
- Morning: Grab breakfast and gourmet bites at a local farmers market, or take a self-drive tasting tour around the local cheese and chocolate makers.
- Afternoon: Take a long lunch at a local winery before making the journey back to Perth for your return flight home.
Allow at least three hours – more if you plan a rest break in the vibrant seaside cities of Bunbury or Mandurah.
Find out more about Margaret River and the South West. Visit Australia’s South West website for more itineraries and further information on things to see and do.
TALK TO THE EXPERTS
Make the local visitor centres your first port of call for maps and guides to explore Margaret River and surrounds.
Busselton Visitor Centre
Dunsborough Visitor Centre
Margaret River Visitor Centre