Perth and Margaret River Gourmet Escape Indulgence – 7 Days
7 DAYS: INDULGE IN A DEGUSTATION MENU OF WORLD-CLASS FOOD, WINE AND INCREDIBLE BIODIVERSITY.
Enjoy a week-long degustation menu, experiencing the very best of Australia’s sunniest capital city and the world-renowned Margaret River wine region. Think stunning white-sand beaches, biodiverse coast and forest landscapes, dazzling wildflowers, Indian Ocean sunsets, rich maritime history and, of course, world-class wine and food inspired by some of the most revered celebrity chefs.
Region: Perth and surrounds and Margaret Rive and the South West
Duration: 7 days
Download the Full Itinerary PDF here
Kings Park / Cottesloe Beach / Fremantle / Rottnest Island / South West Wine Region / Karri forests and caves / Margaret River surf and beaches / Margaret River Gourmet Escape
- Morning: Catch an early morning flight from Singapore to Perth.
- The average flight time is five hours and, with Perth sharing the same time zone as Singapore, departing at 7.30am will get you to Perth around 12.30pm. From the airport, it’s a 20 to 30-minute car, taxi or bus ride to the capital’s main centre. Drop your bags at your accommodation and head up to Kings Park – one of the largest inner-city parks in the world, with some of the best views in Perth.
- Afternoon: Just a 20-minute drive west from Kings Park, you’ll find a table for lunch overlooking iconic Cottesloe Beach and the Indian Ocean.
- Another 15 minutes’ drive south brings you to Fremantle and the world’s best preserved 19th century port streetscape – home of artisanal food, handcrafted beers, great coffee and quirky boutiques.
- Evening: Enjoy world-class degustation, local delicacies and views to die for at one of Perth’s award-winning restaurants, followed by drinks in the city’s buzzing small bars.
- Morning: Hop on a morning ferry from Fremantle or Perth’s Barrack Street Jetty for a short cruise to Perth’s island playground – Rottnest Island.Only 11km long and 4.5km wide, it’s easy to explore the beautiful beaches and unique flora and fauna of this Class A reserve in a day.
- On arrival, you can hire a bike, catch the Bayseeker Bus, or join a guided tour of the natural landscapes and fascinating historic landmarks.
- Afternoon: Swim, snorkel, picnic and relax on some of the island’s63 white-sand beaches and 20 clear bays. Then return to Thomson Bay Settlement for an afternoon coffee before catching the ferry back to Perth.
- Morning: For your first taste of the Margaret River region, day two serves up some stunning Indian Ocean panoramas, local arts, crafts and fine gourmet treats. Take the two-and-a-half hour drive to Busselton and enjoy coffee overlooking beautiful Geographe Bay and the longest timber jetty in the southern hemisphere – Busselton Jetty.
- Afternoon: As the whole region celebrates the Gourmet Escape, you can choose to base yourself in Busselton, Dunsborough, Yallingup or Margaret River. From your accommodation, head out to the wineries for lunch in the vineyards, then browse the boutiques in Margaret River or Dunsborough.
- Evening: Hit the white sands of Castle Bay Beach where you’ll find the Audi Gourmet Beach BBQ.Enjoy an evening beside the clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean indulging in culinary creations inspired by a world-class guest chef.
- Morning: Grab breakfast and gourmet bites at a local farmers market, or take a self-drive tasting tour around the local cheese and chocolate makers.
- Afternoon: Your main course is an extraordinary afternoon in The Gourmet Village, filled with the best produce from Western Australia and the stars of the culinary world. With Leeuwin Estate Winery providing the most breathtaking backdrop, you can indulge your mind and senses in cooking demonstrations, wine tastings, masterclasses and chef Q&As. A bus service is available, so you can relax and enjoy the premium wines and hand-crafted beers.
- Evening: Catch an Indian Ocean sunset at Canal Rocks, Prevelly Beach or Gracetown before dinner.
- Morning: Take a two-hour drive east from Margaret River to Pemberton and Manjimup, and you’ll find yourself in another world of cool-climate wines, gourmet delights, tall-tree forests and wildflowers.
- Afternoon: Enjoy another long lunch at a local winery, and be sure to taste fresh marron – the local delicacy. Step onto the legendary long-distance Bibbulmun Track for an afternoon walk, or challenge yourself to make the climb to the top of the Gloucester Tree (61 metres) or Diamond Tree (51 metres). Return to the Margaret River region for dinner.
- Morning: Join a whale watching tour from Dunsborough or Busselton and witness the epic annual migration of humpback whales on their journey home from the Kimberley to the Southern Ocean.
- It’s a great way to see these magnificent creatures and perhaps see some breaching, spy-hopping and tail-slapping too.
- Afternoon: After lunch overlooking the Indian Ocean, take a stroll or a train ride on Busselton Jetty and view Australia’s best artificial reef at the Underwater Observatory.
- Evening: Choose from a huge array of Gourmet Escape satellite and fringe evening events throughout the Margaret River region,including special themed winery dinners, live music and meet-the-winemaker nights. Be sure to pre-book your tickets online.
- Morning: There’s plenty of time on your last day to enjoy some of the South West’s finest flavours.Breakfast in Margaret River or Dunsborough town and browse the unique boutiques and art galleries for some last-minute shopping.
- Afternoon: Lunch at a local winery before makingthe journey back to Perth for your return flight home. Allow at least three hours – more if you plan a rest break in the vibrant seaside cities of Bunbury or Mandurah.
Find out more about Perth and the South West. Visit the Experience Perth and Australia’s South West websites for more itineraries and further information on things to see and do.
TALK TO THE EXPERTS
Make the local visitor centres your first port of call for maps and guides to explore Perth and the South West.
Western Australian Visitor Centre
Fremantle Visitor Centre
Busselton Visitor Centre
Dunsborough Visitor Centre
Margaret River Visitor Centre
Rottnest Island Visitor Centre
Pemberton Visitor Centre
Manjimup Visitor Centre