Where is the Gourmet Village?
The Gourmet Village is located at Leeuwin Estate Winery, Stevens Road, Margaret River WA 6285.
It is a 5 minute drive from the Margaret River Township.
Approximate distance and driving times from the Margaret River to the main townships in the region and accommodation locations:
|To Margaret River||Kms||Time|
What are GEM’s
GEMs (Gourmet Escape Money) is the ‘official’ currency at the Gourmet Village. GEMs will be used to purchase all food and drink for onsite consumption.
GEMs values are 1 GEM = $7 (a glass of wine or restaurant tasting dish).
All food and drink sold for onsite consumption can only be purchased with GEMs. Dishes and drinks must be priced at 1 x GEM (or multiples for icon wines).
The majority of visitors will buy GEMs as part of their Adult Premium ticket purchase. Visitors can buy additional GEMs at the GEM Banks which will be located in the Gourmet Village.
Using GEMs adds to the fun of the occasion for visitors and on a more practical level, it removes the need for restaurants/exhibitors to arrange cash handling and banking at the show.
Does WA run on a different time to other states in Australia?
Yes, ACST (South Australia and Northern Territory) is half an hour ahead of Western Australia and New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania and Queensland is two hours ahead of Western Australian time.
*Western Australia, Queensland and Northern Territory do not observe Daylight Saving (Summer) Time.
Can I drive to Leeuwin Estate at the Gourmet Village and where can I park?
Yes, there is plenty of parking available at Leeuwin Estate. On entering the Leeuwin Estate Winery you will be directed to the car parking area, the rows of which will be marked with a letter of the alphabet. Please be sure to note of the letter of the row you parked your vehicle in to make it easier to locate your vehicle when you wish to leave. We encourage that you please be responsible when consuming alcohol and strongly advise against drink driving.
What do I need to know if I require disabled parking ?
Gourmet Village Disabled Parking
If you have an ACROD pass please enter the estate via the Main Gate and you will be directed to park in row A. You must display your ACROD pass.
Gourmet Village Seating
There will be plenty of available seating throughout the Gourmet Village for those uncomfortable with sitting low to the ground or with any back problems, etc. Any carers are, of course, welcome to use any available chairs with permission to move if required.
Gourmet Village Toilets
There is a disabled toilet on the western end of the winery veranda. This has flat access for wheelchairs.
By purchasing tickets, patrons accept and agree to the following terms and conditions.
- Only valid tickets holders will be permitted admissions to the Gourmet Village. All adults and children entering the venue must hold a ticket.
- A Gourmet Village ticket is only valid for 1 day as stated on the ticket.
- Minors: Those under 18 years of age who have purchased a ticket will only be permitted into the concert site if they are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- You must remain inside marked areas at all times and follow instructions given to you by officials.
- Brand Events Australia Pty Ltd. reserve the right to vary performing artists and the advertised program should circumstances require it to do so.
- You enter the Gourmet Village at your own risk and Brand Events Australia or Leeuwin Estate Winery will be NOT liable for any injury, loss or damage you may suffer.
- Gourmet Village is an alfresco venue. The Gourmet Village will proceed rain, hail or shine. No refunds.
- In the event of a cancellation, Brand Events Australia Pty Ltd. will not be liable for any expenses, costs, loss or damage, whether direct or consequential, that may be incurred as a result of cancelled accommodation, transfers, hire charges or by any other circumstances or matters.
- No unauthorised on-selling of tickets permitted
- Brand Events Australia reserve the right to cancel or change event dates, time, line up and venue as required. Tickets purchased to the festival are non-refundable. Alternative dates, venues and times may be issued to ticket holders at the discretion and decision of the organisers’
Are tickets refundable?
No refunds. Regardless of whether the Margaret River Gourmet Escape venue is indoor or outdoor all events will proceed whether rainy or dry. Best plan ahead for appropriate clothing and bring your sense of adventure.
Can I take alcoholic beverages out of the venue?
No. It is a liquor licensing requirement that ALCOHOL IS NOT PERMITTED TO LEAVE THE SITE under any circumstances.
The Gourmet Village will be made up of a mix of exhibitors and stands. They are more or less split into onsite consumerables and products for offsite consumption. The offsite consumerables are seen as take home products such as bottles of wine, gourmet produce and possible kitchenware goods.
Can I bring my own food and drink to the Gourmet Village?
The Gourmet Village is a licensed venue and there are strict policies to protect the rights of the wine, produce and exhibitor stands. No food, drinks or alcoholic beverages of any kind are to be brought onto the site. There will be plenty of non alcoholic beverages for sale along with FREE water available onsite.
The event organiser reserves the right to search bags on arrival.
In line with licensing and responsible service of alcohol laws intoxicated people will not be served.
Is Leeuwin Estate Winery open to the public over the weekend of the Margaret River Gourmet Escape?
Brand Events Australia have hired Leeuwin Estate as the venue for the Gourmet Village so unless visitors have a valid ticket.
All visitors to the Gourmet Escape are required to leave the venue at the closure of the festival gates at 6pm each day.
Can I smoke at the Gourmet Village because it is an outdoor venue?
No smoking is allowed. Leeuwin Estate Winery is a smoke free venue.
I am arriving by helicopter, who do I need to notify?
If you are planning to travel to the event via helicopter transfer please note that all arrivals/departures must be notified in advance to both the organisers and Leeuwin Estate and it is advised that only the dedicated helicopter landing spot can be used. Any and all arrivals that are not notified will not be granted access to the event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any enquiries.